Recently we've a had a new Supervisor come on to our shift and the interactions that him and I have in particular are strained by numerous problems.
He seems to be passive aggressive. He's been punished for being too nice at other jobs. He has taken a dislikening to me for a couple of reasons. First, our communication is difficult. He can shoot the breeze with others on the shift and play around. With me he can't. He's at a loss and I'm at a loss because we share no common ground.
Secondly, my attempts to put him at ease make things worse for me because I adopt a talkative role in which I say things that mean nothing to me. I have the habit of making myself too familiar with someone in order to create harmony and it backfire's.
I'm thinking it's better to stay silent and allow them to squirm even if it's hard for me. I find it harder to be silent when someone thinks I'm behaving in a different way.
I find myself desiring to ask him about his real feelings on his own passivity. I'm wanting to delve into his person. That would be a lot easier than what is required.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment